The meeting began a little late at 8.05 PM with a healthy 35 people present. The Treasurer’s report showed that we had $323 in the bank plus that night’s takings. Peter is about to take off overseas for six months so Michael will be taking over the role of Treasurer for the next meeting. I would like to thank Peter for his ongoing assistance in helping ASTRO to keep running and wish him well for his trip. The Secretaries short report consisted of the ASTRO Vic. newsheet.
Library donations were next on the agenda with Stan Meyer patents, the Radiant Energy Capture Device book and a Methane booklet all being added to the library. Ashley mentioned a book called the Free Energy Device Handbook which includes a magnet motor first built in 1269 AD!! For those interested, Anton found this book in the Theosophical Society library.
Ian was our first speaker who gave an excellent talk on his experiences with fuel saving devices. He has found that devices such as the Broquet and Fuel Star which fit in the fuel line don’t give any fuel economy improvement, but they do reduce the emissions out of the exhaust. Ian has confirmed this on a Rover V8 by using an exhaust gas analyser before and after fitting one of these units. The other device Ian talked about was the Pulsar unit which causes a higher voltage on the spark plug but it is only there for a short duration. Consequently there is very little heat energy in the spark, so although it will start sick motors or ones with poor spark plugs, the fuel is not completely burnt and so the engine runs very inefficiently.
Andrew was next with an almost working gravity wheel. Obviously a lot of work has gone into this project with some very good demonstrations of recyling to boot! Andrew said he has to redesign the cams that operate the flipping of the weights, so we will wait until the next meeting to see if it does work. While we were waiting for our main guest speaker to set up, Ken spoke of an article on Free Energy he had found that involves using cats with buttered toast strapped to their feet, (I don’t think this one is politically correct!) and Michael presented an article on levitation from Holland.
Finally Dr David Mitchell gave his talk on the Vega machine. This was a well received talk which covered a wide range of subjects which included the history of the machine, its basic function and what can be done with it. Lots of questions followed the talk with the meeting
FUEL TREATMENT DEVICES (PART 4)
This is the final article in this series in which I have presented a selection of devices that are on the market which claim to give better fuel economy and/or reduce pollution levels. The results I have obtained have been arrived at after very thorough testing on my vehicle, but can by no means be classed as a complete assessment of the products tested. To do this, each product would have to be tested on thousands of vehicles, definitely not within my capability. If anyone has any results of tests they have done, let me know and I will certainly include them in a future newsletter.
I shall assume everyone has read the preceding articles and so knows the devices I am writing about - if not contact me and I can supply you with the appropriate articles.
Standard vehicle - 28 MPG
Fuel Cutoff Device & Carburettor Enhancer - 38 MPG
Heated fuel (2 stages) - 43 MPG
Reduced Primary main jet size (101 to 95) - 49 MPG
The above figures are the final readings as each stage was added and apply when the ambient air temperature is in the range of approximately 20 to 30 degrees C. The final reading varies at present from an average of 43 MPG on cold days up to 55 MPG on hot days. Road, traffic and type of driving obviously affect the final reading also, so these figures have been collected over several years under similar circumstances.
The above modifications are the only ones that I have found to be really effective. Following is a list of devices that I have tested, but have not found any significant fuel economy improvement with. This does not mean that they do not improve emissions or that they may not work on your car or someone elses - only you can find that out.
Andrews vortex tube.
Broquet fuel treatment.
HYCO fuel vapour system - worked to some extent, but not cost effective.
High voltage electrostatic field to air cleaner & fuel.
Magnets on the fuel line & air cleaner.
Water injection - hot & cold, manifold & ported vacuum.
Some of these devices will give the appearance that they are doing something if your vehicle is in a poor state of tune to begin with or is basically mechanically not up to standard, so you really need to know what is happening with your car before you fit something. For example, the Pulsar will make an engine with a poor ignition system run better, however fixing the ignition system properly will give you a better result again.
I have tried to be as objective as possible with this series and remember that you can get 10 - 15% improvement (the standard claim) simply by driving economically, tuning your car, keeping the tyres inflated to the correct pressure, removing roof racks and other things that cause air drag and taking that 1 Ton of junk out of the boot!!!!
MAGNETIC / GRAVITY FIELD MONITORING
The following simple device has been designed by Bill Ramsay for measuring variations in the earths magnetic field. He claims to have successfully measured variations in this field over several years, with the largest being a partial collapse of this field over a 17 hour period on July 25th, 1992 - known world wide as the Harmonic Convergence. Bill is an independent researcher (like the rest of us) and may be contacted by mail at 133 Asa Hall Rd, Iva, S.C. 29655, U.S.A. or by phone at 864-296-3200.
“The monitoring device described here is sensitive to electromagnetism and gravity. All that’s required is a pair of ceramic ring magnets (available from Tandys) and a way of fixing these, one solidly with the other vertically above it and free to float, as it will when the magnetic poles facing each other are the same. To hold these in position, a wooden spindle (pencil or dowel) is fitted to a hole in the wooden base. Some sticky stuff, commonly sold as Fun Tack and other names with Tack in them (Blue Tack over here) is used to hold in place and position the bottom magnet so that the top one floats somewhat evenly. I cut shallow notches an eighth inch apart into the round pencils I use with a nail file. These marks are used to initially align the top floating magnet and see what changes in spacings may follow as the magnetic/gravity field varies over time. It does. Sometimes the width of a notch or more.
It will be observed also that the top magnet will rotate and change it’s attitude. Sometimes it floats quite crookedly. I don’t know what subtle changes are being mirrored but do follow it closely trying to figure it out. I haven’t yet, but maybe you will! I have several of these devices around the house and one which uses two pairs of magnets on spindles about four inches apart. One has the North poles facing and the other the South. Contrary to common opinion these poles are not just identical opposites of one another. By observing both pairs, I have seen changes which effect only one.
Since air movements may affect the positioning of the floating top magnet, I put clear plastic tumblers (inverted) over each set. I use some of the sticky stuff to hold these in place at the base. I also apply several coats of clear nail polish to the magnets to seal them so the iron in them does not rust. I also put a red nail polish stripe on the top magnet to see how it is twisting. To make the whole thing look good, I put several coats of clear varnish on the base.”
Well, there can’t be any experiments much simpler than this, so give it a go and let me know of any unusual results.
IS YOUR CAR ON THE PILL?
SO, I've been asked to write a article about the PowerPill for the ASTRO newsletter. How did that happen? Well, here we go....
PowerPill is designed to improve your cars performance in several areas. It works for both petrol and diesel in both 2 and 4 stroke engines, so it’s by no means restricted to the car. The pill is put into your petrol tank each time (before) you fill up. One pill is put in for each 40 litres of petrol. When the PowerPill is first introduced to a car which is not new, there is a cleansing process. To make this cleansing process happen as fast as possible, two pills are put in for every 40 litres of fuel for the first 4 fill-ups. It is important that the car is filled up totally as the cleaning process otherwise wouldn’t get in touch with (and clean) the ceiling of the fuel tank.
PowerPill is not an additive, it's a fuel conditioner. It is basically made of the same stuff that the fuel itself is made of: hydrocarbon links. This makes the pill safe for the car as essentially nothing new is introduced. The more a fuel is refined, the longer the hydrocarbon links. Where octane fuel consists of H6C12 and kerosene H6C16, PowerPill consists of links of H60+C30+. The bright stock residual that is left over from the refining process of major oil companies is put through a very high temperature (900F+), high vacuum distillation process to produce this very highly refined product.
The biggest damage to a cars engine is not the friction wear, but the acid eating away at the engine. This acid is produced from the sulphur that is in the petrol when it is combined with the water (partly condensation) that is inevitable in the fuel system. The large engine manufacturer, Caterpillar, states that 90% of all engine wear is caused by the acid that is formed. The research is based on two types of engines, that were supposed to have different longevity. They found, however, that the expensive engine didn't last any longer than the "cheapie". They (of course) investigated and found that it was the acid that was the culprit. PowerPill works by surrounding the sulphur molecules and so prevents it from mixing with water.
When the product is first introduced to a car, it cleans out the "gunk" (gasses, lacquers and varnishes) that has built up over time within the fuel tank and lines. In doing so the loosened particles have to go somewhere. They get caught in the fuel filter, which will need to be looked at some time after starting with the pill. To speed up the cleansing process, the number of pills used is doubled for the first four fill-ups. When the cleaning process is finished, it might be a good idea to also have a look at the fuel/air mixture. There is an indication that the pill is doing better in newer cars with on-board computers. This could be because the computer automatically adjust the systems for a more complete burn.
The PowerPill is not a new product as such. It is more like the latest evolution of the product. For instance, it’s only come in a pill form in the last year. The first generations of the product was a liquid that first saw the light of day in England during the second world war. At this time there was a great need for as much coal as possible. However, there was a problem. The machines in the mines produced too much exhaust fumes which was dangerous and slowed down the mining process. The Americans were called in to help and in a joint venture, the problem was solved by the creation of the fuel conditioner. After the war the Americans took it back to the U.S. where it’s been in use in the navy and the U.S. postal service.
In closing, I just want to mention the increasing interest in the PowerPill. It is currently being tested out by several large Australian companies as well as government bodies, magazines and others. One magazine that has an upcoming article on the PowerPill is Dirt Bike and this took longer than expected to get back with the results. The results of the first test were so impressive that trials were repeated. Needless to say: the results were just the same…They apologised for the delay.
For any more information or to order this revolutionary product, please contact: Hans Peter Andresen on 8370 4310.
PERMANENT MAGNET MOTOR
The following article has appeared in “The Manual of Free Energy Devices and Systems” by D Kelly and also in “The Free Energy Handbook” by D Hatcher Childress. It is based on the work of Peter Peregrinis back in 1269 A.D. (yes, that's the right date!) when he used “lodestones” as magnets. His original work has been translated from Latin and is on file in the New York Public Library. Lee Bowman revived this motor in California in 1954 when he built a working model of the Peregrinis PMM. Any further information on this motor would be appreciated as one is being constructed within the group here in Adelaide.
The device consisted of three parallel shafts supported in bearings within end plates secured to a solid base plate. Three gears were secured at one end of each of the three shafts, at a two to one ratio, with one larger gear on the central shaft as shown. At the opposite end, three discs were secured to the shaft ends with one larger disc on the central shaft, and the two equal size smaller discs on the two outer shafts. The discs were also fixed at a two to one ratio, the same as the gear ratios at the opposite shaft ends.
Eight Alnico rod permanent magnets were equally spaced on the one large disc, and four magnets each on the two smaller discs, so that they would coincide in position when the three discs were revolved.The elongated permanent magnets were placed on each of the discs so that they revolved parallel to the shafts, and their ends passed each other with a close air gap of about .005 inches. When the discs were moved by hand, the magnets passing each other were so phased as to be synchronised at each passing position, as shown in the sketches. The single “actuator magnet” caused rotation of the discs by unbalancing the magnetic forces of the three discs.
GEOMETRY AND ADVANCED ENERGY CONVERSION
The following information was written by Patrick Bailey and may provide some clues for those working on Free Energy machines.
“There are quite a few areas in which the idea of the use of a particular geometry has overlapped with the advanced energy areas. Here is a summary of what I can remember off of the top of my head:
1. The Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt, was built about the same time as the Sphinx, and I think it was definitely built way, way before the other structures there. It has a full base to height ratio of 2 to SQRT(Phi), where Phi is the Golden Ratio and is equal to (1+SQRT(5))/2. That gives an internal triangle with sides of 1-to-SQRT(Phi)-to-Phi. Several experimenters have noticed that four-sided pyramids build with this ratio exhibit strange properties when a base is aligned perpendicular to local magnetic north. I have not seen many papers on exact EM experimental results of the effects of this geometry, and perhaps we should!
2. The number Phi is also very interesting from a resonance point of view. What number does one get when they complete the series: 1 + ( 1 / (1 + 1 / (1 + 1 / 1 + ... ))) The number Phi. Resonance is a key factor in the many Chambers in the Great Pyramid, also in the Egyptian temples at Luxor, and in nuclear physics, and in quantum mechanics! Also, that's how lasers work - by getting the right resonance. And, as everyone should know, the great Fibonacci sequence: Ni+1 = Ni + Ni-1 where you select any two starting numbers, like 1 and 2, to get the sequence: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, etc. always (and I mean always!) will converge to a specific value for Ni+1/Ni (regardless of whatever two numbers you start with), and that converged value is Phi! This series and it's convergence is seen in Nature all of the time. Get it? It's Natural! It just works.
3. The number Phi is usually represented as a "Golden Mean Spiral", consisting of several connected one-quarter circles, where each successive circle has a radius of the previous circle divided by Phi, connected at the ends of the quarter circle. That is really not a true spiral, and is just a geometrical construct that looks nice in books.
A true Golden Mean Spiral (linear with angle) would have the equation:
Ri(Ti) = Ri(0) * [ (1.0 - x) + x / Phi)];
where: x = Ti / 360.0; and: 0.0 .LE. Ti .LE. 360.0 for each circular revolution i; and
Ri+1(0) = Ri(360).
That way, one would get a continuously decreasing spiral, whose (r,theta) radius Ri at each angle theta (Ti) during revolution i would come back and cross the theta = 0 axis at (1/Phi)*Ri(0) during each revolution. This "true" "Golden Mean Spiral" has very little in common with the former one above. However, this spiral does look a lot like the one in the "Geometry of Harmonics" that Victor Schauberger is reported to have used when he developed his flying disks and free-machine technologies during the 1930's and 1940's. I have a videotape that shows a three-dimensional surface, with a circular x-y cross section, and a specific y-z curve (x increasing as z goes down) where a specific spiral-type curve is drawn upon that surface, going around it, as z varies. The videotape says (in German) that particular 3-D shaped curve is VERY important! I would love to have more information on that subject! Perhaps the Templars or the Knight Templars know of this? As a Knight Templar myself, I am asking other Knights world-wide for specific information!
3. Much has been made of "Tetrahedronal Geometry." This has recently been popularized in this country by Richard Hoagland, who has noticed that any tetrahedron drawn inside a sphere will touch the sphere at a latitude of about (+/-) 19.5 degrees, and this is where he says most or all of the pyramids are build upon the Earth, where the Great Spot is on Jupiter, and maybe there are links to the Cydonia pyramid complex that is said to exist on Mars. I don't know. I have not checked these data. However, the tetrahedron is the first and simplest of the five Platonic Solids, and the geometry of each inside of a sphere should be well known. And, each of these solids can just and exactly fit into another one, giving rise to a nested set of solids within solids, all within their own sphere. The number Phi, of course, runs all through these solids. I am trying to find a good book that summarizes all of the mathematical geometry of these inter-linked solids! If anyone knows of one, let me know!
The tetrahedron has also been promoted in a religious field by Drunvalo Melchizedek in his recent teachings. He says that a human's energy field is primarily composed of two interlocking tetrahedron's, one up, one down and turned 30 degrees, all inside one sphere, and that the activation of a person's energy field, or "Merkaba", depends upon how you spin those two tetrahedrons and at what speed. This is all very interesting, especially when you consider that a side view of that energy field would look like a six-pointed "Star of David." It really isn't, due to the 3-D shape, and the horizontal lines would be closer to the center, and so also the side points. I have calculated the exact projected 2-D shape of the 3-D solid in this case. The idea of Platonic Solids being specific resonance harmonics of each other has probably not been considered by many researchers or mathematicians.
4. According to a couple of videotapes I have (that are said to have been produced in Austria) scientists in Germany and Austria are said to have isolated and used a "Free Energy" source of power during the 1930's and 1940's that came from "The Black Sun". According to these videotapes, the Thule Society was created before and was then absorbed into the German Nationalist Party during this time. The Vrill Corporation was the research arm of the Thule Society and was responsible for the manufacture of anti-gravity disks and free-energy generators that used this energy. The "Black Sun Society" was the technical group that perfected this technology, which was used to a limited extent by the Third Reich during the Second World War. Where it went after that (South America and Antarctica by U-Boat, Admiral Byrd?) (Western Canada by train, Kenneth Arnold?) and where it is now (???) is anyone's guess. (Although I think some people DO know.) The theory here is that there is an unseen flow of energy through space, from a specific direction in space, that comes toward and passes through the Earth, that can be harnessed and used for levitation and energy conversion devices. I would also love more information on these subjects!!!
5. Several experimenters that I know of have said that the results of their experiments have depended on the time of the day, and even on the time of the year. This has been said by Sparky Sweet and several others. Sparky noted that his best results came when Leo was directly overhead, and once asked me why. Perhaps there is a flow of some sort of "free-energy" that comes from a specific region of space that could be used if we could only measure it, accumulate it, and then convert it. Perhaps the use of specific geometrical shapes is a key in this accumulation and conversion process. This is beginning to sound like some of the theories of Wilhelm Reich with Orgone Energy, and of T. Henry Moray with his free-energy device in the 1930's, is it not? Coincidence???
These ideas are important and should NOT be discounted! So, who wants to pursue these theories and get some hard data? I do!”
Contact Dr. Bailey at: P.O. Box 201, Los Altos, CA 94023-0201, firstname.lastname@example.org
The next meeting will be held at 8 PM (doors open at 7.30 PM) on the second Friday of the month once again, this time being......FRIDAY JUNE 13TH.
We do not have a guest speaker this month, but we do have an interesting video..........
GEORGE WISEMAN talks on HYDROGEN GENERATION & BROWNS GAS.
This video was recorded at the 1996 Tesla Symposium in America and shows some of the work that George and his colleagues are doing in the area of hydrogen generation and using it to power motor vehicles.
We will await Andrew’s return with his gravity wheel and who knows what else may turn up??? This meeting should have something of interest for everyone, so come along for a great night. Don’t forget your $3 to get in and something to share for supper - see you there!
DON’T FORGET!!!!!! Newsletter subscriptions will soon run out, with this edition being the last one, as we have now organised subscriptions so that they all fall due at the end of the financial year. If you want to continue to receive a newsletter, you must renew your subscription by the June meeting or send a cheque made payable to “ASTRO SA Inc.” to P.O. Box 22 Flaxley, 5153. Cost has been retained at $12 for ASTRO members while it is being made available, thanks to Ian Hacon, through Tuning In magazine to non ASTRO people for $15 per year.